January 11th, 2017 by Tiffany Parks
The Kenan Fellow/Mentor partnership is the foundation of our program. What does this partnership mean to you?
- Did you work with a single mentor or multiple professionals?
I had multiple professionals at NCSU that I was working with. It was great having a variety.
- Describe a time when your mentor helped you understand something or helped you have an “ah-ha” moment.
With Elena we had a lot of moments because she is a genius in comparison to my knowledge of nanotechnology. She showed us a lot about welding wires and 3D printing.
- Discuss the working relationship between you and your mentor. Did you work side-by-side? Did he/she allow you to work on your own?
She was there if we needed assistance but most days we were working in groups with other Kenan Fellows.
- What do you consider to be the lasting impact of this relationship?
I know she is there to help and assist us in any way. She is opening up resources for rental, which will be very helpful in our implementation of nanotech work.
- Do you plan to work together after the fellowship ends?
We are trying to get ready to have our students compete in the assist project this year.