Eligible candidates for the Kenan Fellows program must be certified to teach in public or charter schools in North Carolina.
- The program is open to teachers at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
- District, subject areas and grade level requirements are unique to every fellowship project.
- No minimum years of service requirement.
- Demonstrate leadership or leadership potential like number of grants awarded, serving on school leadership teams, mentorship and presentations at conferences.
- National Board certification is not a requirement, but it is an example of leadership.
- Year round teachers may apply. Some projects are more adaptable to a year round schedule.