Kenan Fellows must:
- Remain in their school or district role while completing the one-year fellowship.
- Complete of 80 hours of professional development.
- Complete a 120-hour summer internship with a mentor. This is expected to be a 40-hour per week commitment typically during June and July.
- Develop and implement relevant educational materials and/or programs based on the fellowship project and internship experience.
- Write reflections on their experience in a private online forum with other Fellows.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with their mentor.
- Maintain positive collaborations with other Fellows.
- Share the resources and products developed during the fellowship with colleagues at the school, district, and state level.