After completing the formal portion of the program, Kenan Fellows achieve more leadership positions in their schools, districts and communities.
- 100% of Fellows said the program made them a better teacher
- 100% of Fellows said they now the skills to work with business leaders and other stakeholders
- 98% of students said a Kenan Fellow got them more interested in careers in math and science
- 98% of Fellow said they now have the knowledge and skills to be a mentor for new teachers
- 97% of Fellows said networking with North Carolina teachers improved their teaching and leadership skills
- 90% of Fellows remain in education five years after completing the program
Awards & Accomplishments
- Named 2016 Higher Education Department of the Year by US2020 Research Triangle Park
- Winner of the 2010 Partnership Award by the NC Science, Mathematics and Technology Education Center
- Seven Kenan Fellow are winners of the $175,000 Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award for Science & Mathematics Teachers
- Seven Kenan Fellows have won the Outstanding Educator Award in Science, Mathematics and Technology Education presented by the NC Science, Mathematics and Technology Education Center
- Three Kenan Fellows have been selected for the prestigious national Albert Einstein Distinguished Educators Fellowship
- Three Kenan Fellows have received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
- Two Kenan Fellow have helped produce animated lessons for TED-Ed, an online global initiative of TED, the nonprofit famous for its TED Talks