STEMwork empowers educators to prepare students for STEM careers while offering businesses the opportunity to foster their next generation of talent.
Benefits for Business
The STEMwork teacher professional development program will help businesses:
- Establish and sustain ongoing relationships with schools and teachers, whose students are eager to learn from and about STEM industry businesses.
- Assist teachers in fostering and preparing tomorrow’s STEM workforce.
- Give back to their communities in a meaningful way by helping students gain the skills they need to succeed in the future.
“Kenan Fellows continue to do great work across North Carolina. STEMwork is another strategy to positively impact educators and students.”Dawn Braswell, Siemens
- Provide an in-person or virtual site visit during the summer; visits typically occur in the morning or afternoon for three hours.
- Host a team of five to several educators or several teams of educators
- Provide information about the skills and career opportunities that educators can take back to their students and school districts.
- Share about your innovative technology and processes that power your business.
- Show off your facility through a tour and connect teachers to your employees through panel discussions.