Benefits for Teachers
As a participant, you will go into local industries such as manufacturing facilities, hospitals, farms, and labs where you will learn about the variety of STEM jobs that are available in your local community and, with the guidance of skilled teacher leaders, you will learn how to use this knowledge to breathe new life into the subjects you teach.
The STEMwork professional development program will:
- Connect you to a network of like-minded educators who are driven to create positive change in their schools and communities.
- Connect your school and students to STEM-related businesses and industries in your community, and engage these companies with your school.
- Contribute to your personal and professional growth as a top North Carolina educator.
- Better prepare your students for viable STEM careers in a rapidly changing world.
- Empower you with the knowledge and resources needed to design and deliver dynamic curriculum units that are relevant to the STEM careers and businesses in your community.
How it works
A STEMwork Facilitator (Kenan Fellow alum) from your region will coach you and a small team of other educators in face-to-face or online meetups as you progress through the year, visiting industry partners, completing a series of eight asynchronous online sessions, and implementing a PBL unit in your school.
How to register
Let us know you are interested in the 2022-23 STEMwork institute by completing a pre-registration form. For questions please contact, Carrie Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-515-5118.