Submissions to the Journal of Interdisciplinary Teacher Leadership (JoITL) are open to educators, administrators, graduate students, and researchers both formal and informal of all disciplines. JoITL uses an online manuscript submission and peer-review system. Manuscripts that have been previously published or are in consideration for publication by another journal will not be accepted. All submissions must be in English.
How to submit your work
Submissions are completed online. Registration and login are required to submit items online, and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; one-inch margins, employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Capitalize the first letter of each word of the title with the exception of articles and conjunctions that appear after the first word.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
JoITL is an Open Access journal, with articles distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of articles in this journal, and to use them for any other lawful purpose.
While authors retain full and permanent ownership of their work, JoITL retains a perpetual, non-exclusive right to publish the work and to include it in other aggregations and indexes to achieve broader impact and visibility. Authors are responsible for and required to ascertain that they are in possession of image rights for any and all photographs, illustrations, and figures included in their work or to obtain publication or reproduction rights from the rights holders.