How to Apply
Want to learn more? Watch our 2019-20 Application Information Session here.
Jan. 21, 2019 is the deadline to apply for all but the Western NC STEMwork fellowships.
Feb. 4 is the deadline to apply for the Western NC projects.
Before you apply, view our 2019-20 Fellowships to see which projects are available to educators in your district, grade level and subject area.
- All applications to the Kenan Fellows Program must be completed online.
- Please review the Fellowship Expectations and Timeline before beginning your application.
- You will be asked to submit an essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Interviews will be conducted in late February and March. Finalists will be contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview with the selection committee.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by early May.
- Register on our application website to create an account. Record your login and password so you can access the site at a later time.
- You can save your application, log out and return at any time. But please keep in mind that only completed and submitted applications will be reviewed.
- All applications must be submitted on or before the deadline.
- Please provide all of the requested information.
- Upload a 500-word essay or provide a link to a 3-5 minute video addressing the prompts provided in the application.
- You will be asked to identify two people who will electronically submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Please provide the name and email addresses for those who agree to provide a letter of recommendation.
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online application system by the deadline. Once you submit your application, the system will send the recommendation form to the person at the email you provided. NOTE: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the recommendation letters are received by the deadline.