- The 2021-22 application period has ended.
- Applications for the next cycle will begin in December.
Before you apply, view our 2021-22 Fellowships to see which projects are available to educators in your district, grade level, and subject area. Fellowship projects are updated throughout the application period. Continue to check back for updates.
- All applications to the Kenan Fellows Program must be completed online.
- Please review the Fellowship Expectations and Timeline before beginning your application.
- You will be asked to submit an essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Please complete our online application.
- You can save your application and return at any time. But please keep in mind that only completed and submitted applications will be reviewed.
- All applications must be submitted on or before the deadline.
- Please provide all of the requested information.
- Upload a 500-word essay or provide a link to a 3-5 minute video addressing the prompts provided in the application.
- You will be asked to identify two people who will electronically submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Please provide the name and email addresses for those who agree to provide a letter of recommendation.
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted through the online application system by the deadline. Once you submit your application, the system will send the recommendation form to the person at the email you provided. NOTE: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the recommendation letters are received by the deadline.
- Final candidates will be invited for an in-person interview in March. All applicants will be notified of their status in April. Fellowship winners will be announced in May. Applicants who are offered fellowships will receive an acceptance package in the mail. The Kenan Fellows Program will never ask for personal financial information for processing stipends via email, phone or text.