Industry-Based Fellowships for Teacher Leaders
Leading the Way in Education
The Kenan Fellows Program for Teacher Leadership at NC State empowers K-12 educators through summer internships with industry, high-value professional development and membership into a prestigious network of teacher leaders.
Teachers gain the skills and confidence to build mutually-beneficial partnerships with local industries and together work for positive change in North Carolina education.
The fellowship is an outstanding example of how industry leaders can connect with teacher leaders to enrich and enliven learning experiences for all students.
90% of Fellows
remain in education 5 years after completing the program
540 Fellows in 71 NC counties from the mountains to the coast
100% of Fellows said the program made them a better teacher
Ready to be a Leader in Education?
Come Grow with Us
- NC public or charter school educators from all grade levels and subject areas
- Fellowships have a unique set of criteria that in some cases is restricted by district, grade level and subject
- Commitment to complete yearlong fellowship while remaining in your school or district
What You will Do
- Spend 3 weeks with a mentor in an industry or research setting
- Complete 80 hours of professional development
- Deliver a product related to the internship that bridges education and industry
What You will Gain
- Develop meaningful partnerships with business leaders in your community
- Membership in a statewide community of exceptional teacher leaders
- Receive a $5,000 stipend
|Application Period||The 2023-24 application period has ended|
|Applicants Notified||Late April 2023|
|Virtual Orientation||May 10, 2023|
|Summer Institute||June 19-23, 2023, Cullowhee|
|Fall Institute||Oct. 19-20, 2023, Raleigh|
|Spring Institute & Celebration||April 2024, Raleigh|
“The Kenan fellowship has been the most beneficial experience of my teaching career thus far.”Keslie Sommerfeld, Biogen Foundation Kenan Fellow