Teachers who complete the program say they feel a deeper connection to their community and grow professionally as part of a statewide network of teacher leaders.
As their leadership skills grow, Fellows proactively lead within their content area teams, their schools, and their district. Many become empowered to influence and lead educational innovation at state and national levels.
- Receive a $5,000 stipend as part of the fellowship award
- Receive 80 hours of tailored professional development focused on project-based learning and leadership.
- Deepen your content knowledge through an immersive three-week summer internship in a local business or industry
- Learn about career pathways and STEM skills needed for students to succeed in the local and state workforce
- Collaborate with other educators, business leaders, and/or university researchers to create instructional resources that make learning relevant and more engaging for students
“My Kenan fellowship encouraged me to be a stronger leader, stronger teammate, and above all, a stronger teacher.”